- Make an ABC list of your love's personality, attributes... include loads of praise of course (this actually works for friend's birthdays too)
- Give them something useful (coffee tumbler, blender, socks??) but stuff the present with loads and loads and loads of love notes-- around 99 or so! (I've actually done this) It takes a while, but is totally worth it.
- Set up a scavenger hunt for a present, put a chocolate or a flower next to every clue.
- Give your special someone a crown (paper works too) with the words queen of my heart on them, and see if they will wear it on the date.
- Climb trees and put post it love notes all over the branches (this way you don't hurt the tree by scratching into it) you can always come back and add some more.
- Take pictures randomly with a camera.
- Make a huge pile of leaves in the fall and roll around in it, take a nap if you will.
- Read books out loud to each other, on the phone or in person.
- If you write your loved one a poem, illustrate it, or decorate the page with pretty swirls, dots, or stripes.
- Tie two ties together and wear them around your wrists-- ha now you are tied together with ties.
- Write I love you with your hands on your loved ones arms or back when in an embrace
- Send love letters with newspaper cut out letters and the words secret admirer instead of a signature, but always include a return address
- Write love letters- once you start, it is beautiful.
- Say I love you often!
Hey I know valentines day has passed and there is very little to be worried in the area of romance, but its no reason to forget your creativity and cease being romantic... "Seize the Day" and do something incredible, use your brain power to come up with something new and from the heart, for that is what makes a relationship romantic. I was brainstorming the other day and came up with a couple of interesting ideas. Take a look and see if anything inspires you...
So with all those sweet sweet workshops going on this semester here in KC (February 6th was the Shiam Ali thing, April 17th the Troupe Duende Warrior Weekend, and May 28th a Workshop in Topeka. ) I felt like researching into amazing belly-dancers that all the world should know about!
Starting with Silvia Salamanca, who actually visited KC this autumn! She mixes tribal fusion with powerful flamenco! Her performances contain wilderness and energy. Not only does she exhibit her physical strength in the dance with 12 yard skirts, but she employs her eyes and hands as a way of conveying her power. This Spanish dancer sets the stage on fire with her grace and passion! Visit her website to learn more about her!
I have recently watched a video by Anasma, a Vietnamese lady who grew up in Paris and lives in New York! . She works with a very interesting Belly-Dance-Hip-Hop Style. You can find her Liquid Fusion and Wave Explosion videos on the World Dance New York website!! I really enjoy her fluidity and layers. I would seriously recommend her 2 lessons to anyone studying advanced belly-dance and especially tribal fusion. Her performances are stunning, her costumes inspiring, and her attitude welcoming. I have spent the past month working with the first 20 minutes of her 1st DVD. It is loaded with information and moves. She also has a very unique warm up, which would be helpful to teachers in belly-dance fitness. So look up her performances when you have the time!